Here we are 13 days deep into a new year. We started back to school today after a much needed 3 week break. With the back to school, comes some welcome and necessary changes for our homeschool and home.
1. I did it. I actually bought a curriculum! With A-Man deep into second grade, I felt that it was time to purchase a math curriculum. Math is not my strong point so I wanted to make sure he had a strong foundation. I decided on Math U See. Our first two weeks will be focused on place value since that has already been covered in the Alpha version. Then, we will dive right into Beta! Already A-Man is loving using the Math U See blocks.
2. A-Man’s school will not be so independent. Yes, that makes things more difficult for me in terms of keeping T-Man occupied, but A-Man is so easily distracted that I think this will work better in the long run.
3. We have a white board! I finally whipped out the power drill and hung up a white board passed along from a friend…during the summer. It takes me back to my classroom teaching days so I love this addition to our homeschool.
4. Mom is a student again too! I finally re-enrolled to finish my doctorate. I decided it’s time to get it done.
5. Mom is a doTERRA independent product consultant. I am extremely excited about this one. I love essential oils so the ability to partner with a company that deals in essential oils is exciting. This will also give birth to a new blog that will focus on essential oils and ways to use them.
6. We have a character curriculum. I got lucky on this one. I had been scouring the internet looking for a free character curriculum that I liked with no success. The very next day I got an email for a subscriber freebie for a character curriculum. God was definitely at work there!
We are refreshed, renewed and ready to rock 2014! Can’t wait to share with you all this year.